Down Memory Lane – a blogging challenge

Thanks murcha, for setting up this blogging challenge. Like many of the bloggers who are participating, I have been dissatisfied with the lack of blog posts on my blogs, so I look forward to this challenge invigorating my motivation and resolve. My blogs were a little shy and a little rusty, but they eventually agreed to the interview.

1. Do you mind sharing your age with us?
Not at all – we are 3 years old which is still quite young for a blog.

2. Do you have many memories of your birth?
Not really, but Marg tells us that we were conceived after an inspiring visit by Heather Blakey to Hawkesdale P12 College.

3. So how’s life so far?
Well to be honest, we feel a little neglected. Even though we have been around for 3 years, we feel a little like we are underachieving. We feel we have so much more potential than we are currently achieving.

4. What seems to be the major problem?
Well, we hate to point the finger of blame, but it’s Marg – she wants to be a regular blogger, but feels that she has nothing particularly profound or creative to blog about. She is also currently out of the classroom in a literacy coaching role, and misses that authentic reason to run a class blog.

5. So is there a solution?
Well, we’re thrilled that she has decided to run with this challenge. We’re sure that this will provide some motivation and interest and re energise her efforts. She really has every good intention – just loses her way every now and then.

6. So where do you two hang out?
I’m techno6 and if you click on me, you can find where I hang out on global student, and I’m technoliteracy, and if you click on me, you can find out where I hang out on global teacher.

7. So what are you hoping to achieve in 2011?
Well, after a long discussion with Marg, she has promised that she is going to keep technoliteracy updated regularly with great ideas for digital storytelling (for the first term anyway.) She finds a bit more of a challenge with the authenticity of techno6, as she no longer has a class. The biggest problem is my name – in her role this year with years 7 – 9, she is not sure that they will be happy visiting a blog that is called after year 6 students.

8. So has Marg got any plans to change things for 2011?
She sure has. Inspired by Murcha and Britt Gow who are amazing bloggers, she plans on setting up a blog for her new subject – Skills for Living – and using this as her weekly planner. This means that students can go to this site to keep up to date with their work. She also plans on keeping her literacy ideas current by using technoliteracy more reguarly.

9. So what is going to keep her on track?
Well, she is currently doing the 365 photo challenge, which requires her to post a photo each day. This is getting her into the habit of blogging daily. She has also decided that she can use the blog as her weekly planner for Skills for Living – and is currently really motivated to do this. She has been inspired by seeing the amazing work of Murcha and Britt Gow’s blogs.

10. So any final words?
Only to say that Marg thinks blogging is a really exciting way to connect to her students, parents, fellow teachers and students and teachers all over the world. She follows some amazing blogs by other teachers, and is resolved to make her blogs awesome in 2011 as well. Watch this space.

4 thoughts on “Down Memory Lane – a blogging challenge

1. Great to hear from you, Marg’s blog. I think that we need to change and adapt with times.Others in this challenge have also commented on blogs that have been abandoned or put to rest for a while. I think that the technoliteracy will be a fabulous blog and will draw a global, interested audience. Hope you have time to check out some of the other bloggers in this challenge, as I think some of them were involved in literacy. Just lay techno6 to rest until the time comes to bring it back to life and work on a blog that can breathe and pulsate eg your technoliteracy.

2. Yeah good idea Anne – I’ll rest techno6 until I have a class again and concentrate on technoliteracy. I am working my way through the other bloggers in the challenge, and being inspired. Thanks again for setting up this challenge and for your inspiring words of encouragement.

3. Hi marg – I like your Glog an loved that a link brought me here – we are both doing the same bit of online PD – Digistory telling and the blogging challenge! WTG! Jen

4. Yeah good idea Anne – I’ll rest techno6 until I have a class again and concentrate on technoliteracy. I am working my way through the other bloggers in the challenge, and being inspired. Thanks again for setting up this challenge and for your inspiring words of encouragement, http://www.lokerjobindo.com